When thinking of how to save operational dollars, many people consider refinancing debt, cutting back on staff, reducing benefits or eliminating programs or services. While these are valid budgetary areas of concern, they aren’t the only way to cut costs. Reducing energy costs can help cut back on expenses as well. While you may have an energy efficient HVAC system, if it is continuously running, is not programmed to automatically turn on and off only when needed, or is operating in unused rooms. Ultimately, it can be a drain on your finances.
Why Programmable Thermostats?
Many churches are now relying on programmable thermostats, automation software and system control technology to eliminate energy waste. By using the Honeywell Light Commercial Building Solution (LCBS) Connect™, your church can monitor and make changes to your HVAC system remotely. Not only is it simple to use and affordable, but it also uses cloud-based technology, which eliminates the need for a Java Application Control Engine (JACE). The LCBS Connect™ allows you to adjust your heating and cooling needs depending on when church services, Bible study groups and congregational events are scheduled, and which rooms are being used. Some of the benefits of using a programmable thermostat include:
- The ability to control each area of the building individually, scheduling heating or cooling in individual rooms as needed or around daily activities.
- Energy savings by raising and lowering the thermostat on schedule. You’ll see at least a two percent cut to your cooling costs by raising or lowering the temperature in your facility during warm summer months or chilly winter days. The U.S. Department of Energy states that you could see as much as ten percent lower energy costs per year by simply adjusting your thermostat back seven to ten degrees for eight hours per day. With a programmable thermostat, you can configure or change your temperature set points throughout the day, or turn your system off when buildings aren’t in use.
- Lowered energy costs compared to a non-programmable manual thermostat. According to ENERGY STAR®, using a properly set programmable thermostat will save you approximately eight percent per year on your utility bill.
- Reducing the workload on your system will extend the lifespan of your heating and cooling system. With a programmable thermostat, your system will work smarter, not harder.
- With a programmable thermostat, you can control and customize multiple climate zones within your congregation’s various buildings to increase their overall energy efficiency.
Cost Effective Investment
With the Honeywell LCBS Connect™ programmable thermostat, you’ll be in complete control of the indoor comfort level of each room in your church and be able to monitor or make temperature changes remotely, saving valuable administrative time. You’ll be able to take advantage of energy savings by eliminating your HVAC use when buildings or rooms are unoccupied.
Are you interested in finding out how a Honeywell LCBS programmable thermostat can help your church save money while increasing your indoor comfort levels? Contact R & D Mechanical Services today at 770-917-1795. We are a family-owned company dedicated to providing Georgia businesses with the finest HVAC services.